Wednesday 19 June 2013

Too Wet for Sailing?

Unfortunately the sailing planned for Saturday was cancelled as the race was abandoned due to high winds, gusting up to 50mph. I’m hoping that it will be business as usual on Thursday for racing and later this month the summer regatta will be sailing out of Lymington on the 29th & 30th .


Racing was far from abandoned on Sunday at the Puddletown Plod, I was slightly misled in my belief the course was flat. Far from it, 20k of hills was quite a vigorous start to my Sunday; I finished the course in 90 minutes and am waiting for the results of the race to be posted as I write this. I have to say that this was a well organised race with some breath taking scenery, although my thighs are currently ruined. I’m thinking of booking an appointment with Sally Morris our resident sports therapist at Reflections day spa at Shorefield Country Park, she is very talented when it comes to rejuvenating tired and damaged muscles.


Once I had finished the race I hobbled to my car and was on the A31 heading toward Woodlands to meet my family for Father's day lunch at hotel TerraVina I was ravenous by this point and enjoyed a tremendous lunch with delicious food and attentive service. The wine list is second to none, patron Gerard Basset was awarded sommelier of the year in 2010 the team will make some great recommendations to suit every taste and budget.This is one my favourite places to eat locally and is certainly somewhere I would recommend. BL  


No comments:

Post a Comment